Sunday at any time
Any day in the afternoon
Any day in the evening
Up to 1 hour away for a flat fee
Education-Graduated from California Academy of Mathematics and Science with Honors (3.9 weighted GPA)
-Took four classes (Physics I-II, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics) at CSUDH while taking AP classes (Spanish & Calculus)in high school
- Graduated with a double-major in Economics and Anthropology at UC Irvine with a 3.196 overall GPA
Experience-Volunteered at Washington Middle School (grades 6 - 8):
1) Graded algebra tests
2) Aided English Learners with reading and mathematics
3) Graded projects for American History (colonies - civil war era)
4) Assisted in running fundraisers
-Volunteered for the City of Long Beach at Veterans Park
1) Took care of kids (ages 5 - 12)
2) Chaperoned in field trips
3) Led activities/games
-Volunteered for International Elementary School
1) Tutored students in Kindergarten - Second Grade in reading and mathematics via guidance, practice questions, and games
-Interned at Social Sciences Academic Resource Center at UCI as a Leadership Coordinator
1) Lectured to Leadership Development Program (LDP) participants on the concept of leadership
2) Provided feedback on speeches for LDP participants (content-wise & presentation-wise)
SAT Math: 700
SAT Math Subject Test: 750
1) President of Buddhism Club
2) Publicity Officer and later, Vice President of Chess Club
3) Publicity Officer of Disney Club
4) Fundraising Chair and Outreach Coordinator of Filmmakers United
UC Irvine's Programs and Courses that I took:
1) Mesa Court Leadership Institute (Personal, Professional, and Communal Leadership)
2) Leadership Development Program (I later became one of the coordinators.)
3) Passport to Leadership (Time Management, Stress Relief, Strengths Based Leadership)
Teaching others is one of the things I enjoy doing. I love seeing that "ah-ha!" moment. As a double major in economics and anthropology, I have experience with both quantitative subjects and qualitative ones. As an "econ student," I'm equipped with the necessary study skills to tackle mathematical challenges up to single-variable calculus. As an "anthro student," I've learned to approach people with their different backgrounds in mind, considering different ways to better refer and deliver information to them.
Previous tutoring experience with Algebra and Geometry. (7+ years)
Availability: I've recently moved to Bangkok, so I'm pretty much open to new students.
Message me and I'll get back to you by email within a day or two. My day time schedule is hectic so communication by phone is not the best. However, if you still prefer by phone, please leave a time when it'll be best to call and I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.
HobbiesI love to watch movies and cartoons. Some of my favorite cartoons are Pokemon, Yugioh, Avatar: the Last Airbender, and My Hero Academia. I like almost anything from Disney! I also like Person of Interest, House of Cards, and Black Mirror.
8th Grade math, 10th Grade math, ACT Math, Algebra 1, 1st Grade math, 2nd Grade math, 3rd Grade math, 4th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 9th Grade math, Public Speaking, Elementary Algebra, Elementary Math, Geometry, Arithmetic, ASVAB, Math, Math, SAT Math, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.